Made our first serious pizza on Friday night. Turned out great. We made our own sauce from canned tomatoes. Plan was to make tomato paste but since we didn't drain all the liquid from the tomatoes, consistency was more like sauce than paste but the flavor was great- would be a good pasta sauce as well.
Here they are in the oven.
Turning them after about 45 seconds.
And here they are! Donna had hers with fresh mozzerella, olives, a bit of sausage and pepperoni.
And this one is mine, pepperoni, beef, and candian bacon.
A third pie was lost on the transfer from the peel to the oven, the dough had set too long and not enough flour on the peel for it to slide off easily, will do better next time.
- ► 2014 (29)
- Roof Completed, Interior Walls Done
- Metal Roof Started!
- Roof Trusses In Place for Guesthouse
- Guesthouse Interior Walls
- Can You Spot the Visitor?
- Sourdough Bread from the Wood Fired Oven (WFO)
- Roof Trusses Arrive
- Walls In Place
- Guesthouse Walls
- Guesthouse Subfloor Completed
- Guesthouse Crawlspace Completed
- Pizza Oven Cookware
- Guesthouse Foundation Progress
- Pizza Oven Counter
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2010 (121)