Hidden Bend Retreat, Romney West Virginia

Romney, WV

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Workshop Progress









Amazing progress on the garage/workshop last week. The building is dried in and ready for shingles. Despite the hot and humid weather, the carpenters made quick work of this project. Just a few minor things left to do besides the roofing and then it will be ready for me to finish the exterior and start working on getting set up inside. Plan is to use board and batten siding and I hope to order the materials in the next week or so.

The building is 28'x36' and there is a set of stairs from the garage on the first floor up to the shop itself. There are only two windows in the building as I wanted to maximize the wall space for shelving and for tools. I made a mistake on my current shop and added too many windows, the light was nice but didn't make up for losing the wall space. Water from the well is in the building so will be able to put in a utility sink and toilet. Still have to determine how I'll finish the inside and adding heat. Here are some pictures of the construction in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers